Monday, January 11, 2010
Seasonal Vinyasa - Winter Asana Sequence
Here's what we will be working on this week in my class...
1. Gayatri Mantra
2. Supported pranayama - Samavrtti (even breath ratio)
3. Neck and Chest move (p. 18 in Art of Sequencing book)
4. Abdominal crunches
5. Supta Padangustasana & Twist
6. Cakravakasana with lion breath
7. Down dog and Uttanasana on tippie toes
8. Uddiyana bandha
10. Straddle/Horse with Kapala Bhati breathing
11. Wide squat
12. Prasaritta Padottanasana
13. Surya Namaskar A with Salabhasana variation (p. 68 in Art of Sequencing)
14. Surya Namaskar B with revolved chair pose and high lunges
15. Parvottanasana - Parvritta Trikonasana - Prasaritta Padottansana variation - repeat
19. Tiryan Mukhaikapada Pascimottanasana - Purvottanasana variation w/ front knee down
20. Balansa or Mayurasana
21. Urdhva Dhanurasana Prep or full pose
24. Closing poses....depends on the day!
Hope to see you in class. You can reference more of these poses in my book, Art of Sequencing, plus 34 additional classes to inspire your teaching or home practice.